Patients want to know if they are a candidate for laser liposuction. The latest advancements in laser technology allow Dr.Kim to permanently remove unwanted fatty tissue. Laser techniques use light energy to liquefy fat cells with the added advantage of tightening the overlying skin. The laser creates a dramatic, sculpted appearance of the body. Traditional liposuction uses mechanical suction to remove fat cells with little affect on the skin. Traditional liposuction is best when more fatty tissue needs to be removed or in combination with skin removal. Traditional liposuction also allows the fat to be transferred to another area of the body or face to create a balanced form and improved proportions for the body.
Why you should choose Dr. Kim for your laser liposuction procedure
- Dr. Kim focuses on achieving an artistic balance for your body.
- Comprehensive pre-operative analysis improves desired results.
- The Sciton Joule laser uses two separate lasers during laser liposuction – one improves fat removal and the other tightens skin.
- Dr. Kim performs the procedure in his office for your improved comfort, privacy and convenience.
- Meticulous post-operative care personally provided by Dr. Kim.
- Direct access to Dr. Kim via cell phone following your procedure.
Your laser liposuction procedure is performed in our private, comfortable office setting. Patients often take a mild oral sedative prior to application of local anesthesia. Our Sciton Joule Laser System is used to liquefy fat and tighten skin using two distinct wavelengths of laser light. Finally, liquefied fat is permanently removed with a small liposculpting cannula. You will be provided an appropriate garment to reduce swelling and bruising. Our patients are up and walking immediately after the procedure and often resume full physical activity in 2-3 days. Most patients appreciate their improved shape and body proportions shortly after the procedure. In addition, their skin quality and texture improve over the following 2-3 months. As always, Dr. Kim monitors your healing during post procedure visits.